Friday, December 13, 2013

2013 December 13 - Morning Manna

My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes (Psalm 119:48).
 
Today’s Morsel:  The two huddle together, working line by line, bar by bar, composing the hymn, “Love lifted me.” The words were jotted down by James Rowe, and the music was hammered out at the piano by his friend, Howard E. Smith, whose hand were so twisted from arthritis that his friends wondered how he could play the piano at all.  But there they were, James pacing back and forth while Howard banged away the melody.  When they finished, the world had, “Love Lifted Me.”
The psalmist said, "My hand also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved; and I will meditate in the statutes."   When we lift our hands in praise and adoration to Jesus, there is a freedom of the surrendering of our will to His.  When we lift our hands it can serve for many purposes, but none like praise to Him.  With our hands lifted and our mouth filled with praise it releases a sweet smell to our Savior.  I don’t know about you, but with all my being I want to praise Him.  And if that means lifting up my hands, thus will I do, for He along is worthy of all praise.
 
Sing: I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore, very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more, but the Master of the sea heard my despairing cry, from the waters lifted me, now safe am I.
 
Chorus: Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, Love lifted me; when nothing else could help Love, lifted, me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment