Friday, January 25, 2013

2013 January 25 - Morning Manna


Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding. For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law. (Proverbs 4:1-2).

Today's Morsel:  Do you ever notice motorists when they see a cop car.  Whether sitting in the median or cruising along the highway, people react by slowing down or not passing them. Why do we obey the law when they are present and do not obey when they aren't?  Solomon said, "Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding. For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law."  Good doctrine.  There is nothing like some really good doctrinal teaching.  Teaching grounds you.  Preaching saves you.  I would rather listen to a good teacher than a good preacher any day.  My second pastor was a teacher, and boy did he put the Word in me.  Thank God for Pastor Darryl Rash.  He used to tell me, Brother Rufus, you have to love the Word more than anything else. Thank God for a man with insight and wisdom.
Paul told the church at Rome, "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them" (Romans 16:17). He told the church at Ephesus, "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine" (Ephesians 4:11-14).  And he told Timothy, "But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works" (2 Timothy 3:14-17); and "Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. ..Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. (1 Timothy 4:13;16).  When you know and obey the doctrine of Jesus Christ, you will be unmovable, unshakable and save yourself and everyone else that hears it from you.

Sing: I know it was the blood!  I know it was the blood!  I know it was the blood saved me, one day when I was lost Jesus died on the cross, I know it was the blood saved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment