Thursday, January 10, 2013

2013 January 10 - Morning Manna


In your patience possess ye your souls. (Luke 21:19)

Today's Morsel:  Do you have good patience, little patience, or no patience at all? I've heard people say, "That child, or he/she is going to make me lose my patience."  If they make them lose it, then they are taking a strong chance of losing their soul.  And who is going to help them find it?  Because patience is one of those virtues that is required to enter heaven and bring about the knowledge of Jesus Christ ( 2Peter 1:5-11).  I used to hear people say, don't pray for patience.  Yeah, I know that scripture tells us that tribulations worketh patience (Romans 5:3-4), but patience also worketh experience.  So what other way is there to gain experience than the school of hard knocks.  If some good old tribulations will cause us to gain some godly experience, why not go for it.  See what you are made of.  Maybe if we had more tribulations we'd learn to be more patient with ourselves as well as with others.  Jesus said, In your patience possess ye your souls.  I believe that once we learn how to endure hardness as a good soldier for Christ, we'll learn how to wait for the things that we have need of and we won't lose our patience.  Believe me, eternity in hell is a long time for a lack of self-discipline.

Sing:  Learning to lean! I'm learning to lean! I'm learning to lean on Jesus. Finding more power, than I'd ever dream, I'm learning to lean, on Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment