Tuesday, January 15, 2013

2013 January 15 - Morning Manna


Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. (Psalms 103:1-5)

Today's Morsel: Everyone seems to be looking for jobs that provide them with benefits. They check to see if the job offers medical benefits. Sickness benefits. Retirement benefits. Vacation benefits and even family health insurance benefits before they interview for the job.  If these aren't offered, many will turn down a job, even if they are without work and no income. When people tell me that they can't find a job, I always tell them that Jesus is hiring and the benefits are out of this world!  David said, "Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's." Who wouldn't want these benefits? I'll take a job that offer these things any day. Talk about a benefit package. No secular job can offer you what Jesus will give. When the Lord asked, " Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Isaiah said,  Here am I; send me" (Isaiah 6:8). Isaiah said, God if you're hiring I'm in.  Working for Jesus is the best gig on the market these days and you don't have to worry about getting fired when you are sick.  And besides that, the retirement benefits are out of this world.  

Sing:  Jesus use me! Lord, don't refuse me, for surely there's a work that I can do; and even though it's humble, Lord help my will to crumble, though the cost be great, I'll work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment