Tuesday, January 29, 2013

2013 January 29 - Morning Manna

"Thou hast dealt well with thy servant, O LORD, according unto thy word. Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments. Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word. Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes. The proud have forged a lie against me: but I will keep thy precepts with my whole heart. Their heart is as fat as grease; but I delight in thy law. It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes. The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver. (Psalms 119:65-72)
Today's Morsel: When I was a kid, my Mom cooked almost everything with grease. She could make some of the best biscuits by just taking a hand full of lard made from pig's fat, some water, and flour. Her biscuits were some of the best biscuits a person could ever want to eat. In my day, guys and gals would put grease in their hair to make it smooth and make them look cool. I stepped on a nail once and my Mom put a penny with grease on it over the spot to draw out the poison. My cousin was badly burn, and my friend's grandmother cooked some earthworms and took the grease from them and placed it on her burn and today you cannot tell that she had ever been burned. Now we have found out that grease and lard aren't good for us. Now medical officials tell us not to eat grease. Hmmm!
The Psalmist said that the proud had forge lies against him and their heart was as fat as grease. The use of the term "fat as grease" here is not used in a good way. He said they are offensively stupid, they have fed themselves without fear; they are become flesh-brutalized, and given over to vile affections, and have no kind of spiritual relish, delight or appreciation. When people walk after the flesh, they don't have any problem with slandering your name and forging lies against you. They will do anything for personal and selfish gain. It's a scary thing though when so called Christians use this approach. Tthe psalmist said, "But I delight in thy law." I have, through thy goodness, a spiritual feeling and a spiritual appetite. It's really hard for the devil to destroy you when you are walking and living right. Remember, the squeaky wheel always gets the grease.
Sing: Anointing fall on me! Sweet anointing fall on me, let the power of the Holy Ghost fall on me, anointing fall on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment