Tuesday, October 9, 2012

2012 October 9 - Morning Manna

And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side. And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships. And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him? (Mark 4:35-41)
Today's Morsel: When I was a kid, attending the Methodist Church where I grew up, when you came through the front door of the church, there wasn't any light switches to turn on the lights. I don't know who designed or wired the church, but the light switches were in the back of the church behind the choir loft and preaching area. So to tell a teenager to go turn on the lights when he got to church was like walking on pins and needles, especially after we had just had a funeral. Thank God for His Redeeming Power.
When the apostles of Jesus found themselves in a storm and they felt that their lives were going to be lost, yes they had fear, and Jesus asked them why were they so fearful, how was it that they had no faith. I can identify with the apostles. The same way for me to go turn on those lights was testing my faith, this storm was testing theirs'. Even though Jesus was with them and He was with me, I still didn't know if anything or anyone else was in there or not. Fear is FalseEvidence Appearing Real. There's just something about that apprehension that we just don't know. I'm sure the apostles were like the man when he said, "Lord I believe, but help Thou my unbelief." John said that fear torments us. And I totally agree. There are just somethings that this humanity has to overcome, and fear is one of them. God didn't give it to us. And thanks be to God who has given me the victory over this enemy and He will give it to you too.
Sing: Precious Lord, take my hand, lead me, on let me stand, I am tired, I am weak, I am lone, through the storm, through the night lead me on to the light, take my hand precious Lord and lead me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment