Wednesday, October 24, 2012

2012 October 24 - Morning Manna

Then Job answered and said, Even to day is my complaint bitter: my stroke is heavier than my groaning. Oh that I knew where I might find him! that I might come even to his seat! I would order my cause before him, and fill my mouth with arguments. I would know the words which he would answer me, and understand what he would say unto me. Will he plead against me with his great power? No; but he would put strength in me. There the righteous might dispute with him; so should I be delivered for ever from my judge. (Job 23:1-7)
Today's Morsel: Job, while going through his trial and in the discussion with his friends said, "Oh that I knew where I might find him! that I might come even to his seat! I would order my cause before him, and fill my mouth with arguments." Really what Job is saying was, "If I could come face to face with God, I'd give Him a piece of my mind." Have you ever had one of those moments that you felt like you would like to talk with God face to face? I'm sure there are a lot of people who would. But even the most bravest person would soon come to their senses when it came to appearing before God. Even the centurion said, I'm a man under authority, but I'm not worthy that you should even come under my roof (paraphrased). And whether many people know it or not, God is right there in front of them. Therefore, they could speak to Him at anytime. But many of them are like Job, when he said, "Therefore am I troubled at his presence: when I consider, I am afraid of him" (Job 23:15). Job realized his error in speaking because he was in pain and listening to criticism and so he was just speaking foolishly. Even King Hezekiah was troubled and feared when Isaiah told him what God had said (Isaiah 38:1-3). Even though we are serving an Almighty, loving and compassionate God, He still requires and demands our respect.
Sing: You know the Lord's been good, He's really been good. He's been so good to me, I just can't let Him down, I can't let Him down, I can't let Him down, He's been so good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment