Tuesday, October 23, 2012

2012 October 23 - Morning Manna


 Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, and spake, and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come hither. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, came forth of the midst of the fire. And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king's counsellors, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them. Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king's word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God. Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort. Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, in the province of Babylon. (Daniel 3:26-30)

Today's Morsel: We hear a lot about different agencies that are responsible for the protection people.  Agencies such as The Environmental Protection Agency, whose duty calls for keeping  the air and water ways clean; The Custom and Border Agency, whose duty is to protect illegal people from crossing the boards; The Federal Trade Commission, whose duty is consumer protection; The Protection and Advocacy Systems (P&As) work at the state level to protect individuals with developmental disabilities by empowering them and advocating on their behalf; and the list goes on.  But God's people also have their protection agency.  It s called the church.  It is governed by the Holy Ghost, and it's rules and laws are taken from the Bible. As the Lord said, "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me" (Hebrews 13:5-6).  When Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego refused to bow to the king's command, they were cast into the fiery furnace.  But to the king's surprise, they were not burned as he thought because they knew the head of the agency that would protect them, Almighty God.  The psalmist informs and admonishes us, "I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place. The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes."(Psalms 118:5-9).  Who is your protection agency?

Sing: I got a God who with His angels watches over me, I've got a God who puts my enemies beneath my feet, I got a God who's with me when I'm sick and when I'm feeling well, I've got a God, I've got a God, and my God, will never fail, I have a God.
And that's why, He brought me out of the miry clay, He set my feet on a Rock to stay; He puts a song in my soul today, a song of praise, hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment