Monday, October 15, 2012

2012 October 15 - Morning Manna

Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me. The ox knoweth his owner, and the ass his master's crib: but Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider. (Isaiah 1:2-3)
Today's Morsel: When I was a kid, we farmed using mules. It was amazing to me how well those old mules knew their way home as well as how well they knew our voices. When I came home from school, I could just call to them and they would come.
The Lord said through the prophet Isaiah that the ox knows his owner, and the ass his master's crib: but Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider. Why don't the people of God know and understand their master? Why do they not consider that the things they do and that the places they go may go against the word of God? Jesus said, "Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am" (John 13:13). He further admonish, "And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say" (Luke 6:46)? Should not we know our Master and Lord? Should we not do what He has commanded of us to do? When is the last time you sat down and considered if you are doing what God has commanded you. The Lord said through the Prophet Haggai, "Now therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways. Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways" (Haggai 1:5-7). Have you considered why your aren't being satisfied? Are your ways according to His word? If we don't consider our ways, we could easily end up in the wrong way and doing the wrong thing. If we say that we know Him, then we ought to walk the same as He walked, John said (1 John 2:6), and we should always be considering our ways.
Sing: The other day I sat down to ponder, on all the Lord had done for me. And I said Lord I want to thank you for the way you have brought me through. As I rose to depart from His presence, I heard His voice speaking softly to me.
Don't forget, to tell others about me. Don't forget to meantion My name. Don't forget tell them how much I love them, and don't forget the reason I came.

No comments:

Post a Comment