Tuesday, October 16, 2012

2012 October 16 - Morning Manna

Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
(Proverbs 1:24-27)
Today's Morsel: After 911, many people became afraid to fly. And even today, many will not travel to foreign countries for fear of flying and the unknown. Even here in this land of plenty, many are now fearful of what is taking place throughout the land and the world. Many are asking what is going on. Why is there so much unrest and fighting? Jesus said, "And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken" (Luke 21:25-26). Is what we are seeing because of us not heeding the Lord's call? Is it because we have not accepted his counsel and obeyed His word? Scripture tells us, "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God" (Psalms 9:17). The last time I checked, the word "all" means all, everyone. Therefore, there is no nation or people that forgets God that will survive His destruction. Are there misfortunes in your life? Does it seem as though your world is being turned upside down? As an individual, have you refused God's call to you? Have you refused to take hold of His hand? To understand the Lord of God, you have to answer His call and take hold of His hand. "But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you. But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people" (Romans 10:18-21).
Sing: Jesus, hold my hand, Lord I need Thee every hour. Through this pilgrim land, protect me by Thy saving power; hear, my feeble plea, Oh Lord, look down on me, when I kneel in prayer, I know I'll meet You there; blessed Jesus hold my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment