Monday, October 1, 2012

2012 October 1 - Morning Manna

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)
Today's Morsel: I often wondered what the apostle Paul must have felt like after going through what seems to be such hardships for the Kingdom of God. Beaten, stoned, shipwrecked, left for dead, and falsely accused must have caused him to feel as though he was in the wrong profession. Paul said that he asked the Lord to take his thorn in the flesh away, and he was told that God's grace was sufficient for him. To his surpise, Paul to is basically told to buckle up and drive on. And so Paul, understanding the unmerited love of God, said if that's the way it's gonna have to be, then most gladly will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. I think we should possess the attitude of Paul when we are going through things in our lives, and be as he was. We need to understand that it is the trial of our faith that works patience, we need to count it all joy when we face divers temptations, and should realize that not all that we go through comes from Satan, but some of it may be being orchestrated by the Lord to better and develop us. At the end of each day, in Christopher Columbus' daily log, he wrote, "And today we sailed on." Always remember, "Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul" (Hebrews 10:35-39).
Sing: No tears in heaven, no more crying, in glory; all of God children will be happy don't you see. No pain and sorrow, no more worrying about tomorrow, no tears in heaven for you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment