Wednesday, October 3, 2012

2012 October 3 - Morning Manna

And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten. For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every one helped to destroy another. And when Judah came toward the watch tower in the wilderness, they looked unto the multitude, and, behold, they were dead bodies fallen to the earth, and none escaped. And when Jehoshaphat and his people came to take away the spoil of them, they found among them in abundance both riches with the dead bodies, and precious jewels, which they stripped off for themselves, more than they could carry away: and they were three days in gathering of the spoil, it was so much. And on the fourth day they assembled themselves in the valley of Berachah; for there they blessed the LORD: therefore the name of the same place was called, The valley of Berachah, unto this day. (2 Chronicles 20:22-26)
Today's Morsel: When King Jehoshaphat and the children of Israel were outnumbered by the children of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, they went to the Lord in prayer. King Jehoshaphat understood when the Lord spoke to King Solomon. "And the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice. If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land" (2 Chronicles 7:12-14). He was aware of what God had said. This is one of the reasons that a child of God should never fear nor fret when they are faced with things that are coming against them. When you know what God has said and you are living according to His word, you should be able to pray as Jehoshaphat and get results from God. The word Berachah by implication means prosperity and blessing. When we see what God provided for them after they prayed, they were standing in a valley full of blessings. Everything their enemy had was left for them to have at their pleasure. It took them three days to clear the battle field of the spoil. And on the fourth day they assembled themselves in the valley of Berachah; for there they blessed the LORD. What do you give back to God when He blesses you? The writer of Hebrews admonishes us, "By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased" (Hebrews 13:15-16).
Sing: I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in Thee Lord, the humble shall hear thereof and be glad. Oh' magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together, I sought the Lord and He heard me, and delivered me from all of my fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment