Friday, October 5, 2012

2012 October 5 - Morning Manna

So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown. And he took him a potsherd to scrape himself withal; and he sat down among the ashes.(Job 2:7-8)
Today's Morsel: Someone said that pain is just weakness leaving the body. I can only imagine what Job must have felt like. Having just lost all of his material possessions, and now to have his health failing him, must have been a hard pill for him to swallow. I have seen people in pain, and have even been in pain myself. Just a few weeks ago, my wife was in so much pain, she couldn't even sit or stand. The only thing I could do was pray for her, and I felt the Holy Ghost saying to me, call her massage therapist. We did call and I took her in and the therapist was able to eleviate the pain. Praise God! Job was looking for some kind of relief from his pain and so he sat down in ashes and took a piece of pottery and scratched himself. Pain is usually the body telling the brain that something isn't right; that there is something not functioning properly. Like the church, when it is under an attack, it's painful. Whether from within or without, the painful attack is letting the brain, which is the pastor, know that something isn't right or something isn't functioning proper, and that care and action is needed. But one of the problem with the church, is we may think that God is going to fix the problem for us and so we say that it's the devil. It may be the devil, but God says, no, I gave you My word to show you how to fix the problem. And so you can either use it, or allow the attack to destroy the entire body. There just might be a need for a little bit of spiritual surgery to remove somethings. Job knew that suffering doesn't last always and so he said, 'all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change comes.' He further states,thatflesh upon a manshall have pain, and his soul within him shall mourn, but though God slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him. Even in his pain, the focus was upon the Lord. Where do you put your focus when you are in pain? "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee" (Isaiah 26:3). "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it," Paul said (1 Corinthians 10:13). So the next time you are in pain, stay focused.
Sing: I am weak, but Thou art strong. Jesus keep me from all wrong; I'll be satisfied as long as I walk, let me walk, close to Thee.
Just a closer walk with Thee, grant it, Jesus, is my plea; daily walking close to Thee, let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment