Monday, October 29, 2012

2012 October 29 - Morning Manna

The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand: That I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders. This is the purpose that is purposed upon the whole earth: and this is the hand that is stretched out upon all the nations. (Isaiah 14:24-26)
Today's Morsel: When I was in the army, each time we had to teach a class, we always had to explain the purpose for the class. In other words, why was the class important and what did they need this class for. How will the class benefit them? Many people will ask the question for what purpose was the attack on 911? Or they may ask for what purpose did you buy that or for what purpose did you do that? Purpose. For what reason. For what point. For what intention or for what use. Solomon tells us that to everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven (Ecclesiastes 3:1). He said that every purpose has a time. There is the time for the purpose and once people understand the purpose we can silence the critics. The woman with the alabaster box was criticized for wasting such precious ointment because those present didn't understand the purpose. But once Jesus told them that she had come to anoint His body for burial, they were silenced. Jesus knew His purpose on the earth was complete. Therefore the time had come to fulfill the purpose and so the woman least expected was chose by God at the right time to fulfill the purpose. What is God's purpose for your life? Are you fulfilling that purpose? The LORD of hosts has sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand.
Sing: He's the only reason I live, and oh what a reason. He's the only reason I live, and ohwhat a reason. There's nothing in this world, worth living for, it only leaves you empty and longing for more; He's the only reason I live, and oh what a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment