Monday, April 9, 2012

2012 April 9 - Morning Manna

I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire. (Matthew 3:11-12)
Today's Morsel: When I was in high school, my friend would always tell me when a Gospel concert was coming to town so that we could purchase tickets to attend. It was always cheaper to purchase a ticket ahead rather than pay at the door. I always purchased the ticket based on the group that I wanted to hear not on the number of groups performing. Even though the other groups that sang were good singers, I don't think I clapped and responded as hard as when the group I had purchased the ticket for performed. John the Baptist was doing what the Lord had sent him to do. He was paving the way for Jesus. Even though John drew a crowd and baptized many, he was not the main attraction; Jesus was. Like the gospel concerts that I attended, the others performed but the main attraction was at the end. John had told the people that when Jesus came, He would baptize them with the Holy Ghost and fire. They were waiting on Him to come. And when Jesus showed up, John said, "I must decrease and he must increase." John was in essence saying, I've set the stage, now let the real performer take stage. And boy did Jesus show out. Turning water into wine. Raising the dead. Causing the lame to walk and blinded eyes to be opened. Calming raging seas and walking on water. And to top it off, after three days He rose from the grave and ascended back into heaven and sent back the Holy Ghost for everyone that would believe on His name. When people wanted a sign He told them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here. The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here" (Matthew 12:39-42). I want you to know that Jesus is greater than anyone who came before Him or that has come after Him. There is none great. Because He was God manifested in flesh as Paul said in 1 Timothy 3:16.
Sing: Our God for whom we waited, will be the glad refrain, of Israel recreated when Jesus comes again, low He will come and save us, our King and Priest to be, for in Him dwells all fullness and Lord of all is He.
It's all in Him, It's all in Him, the fullness of the Godhead it's all in Him; It's all in Him, It's all in Him, the mighty God is Jesus and it's all in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment