Wednesday, April 4, 2012

2012 April 4 - Morning Manna

Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein. (Jeremiah 6:16)
Today's Morsel: The Global Positioning Systems (GPS) has really enhanced our abilities to travel. Just put in the address and listen to the voice guiding you to your destination. I've heard of the church services that were held under the old brush arbors and how God poured out His spirit with healing and deliverance. I've heard about how God led His people and provided for them during the great depression. I've heard about the traveling evangelists who would come into an area and stay for a year or so preaching their hearts out each night. I've heard about men and women who went to the missions field with everything they owned in a coffin because they didn't plan to return home until they were dead. The Lord said that we should stand in the ways, and see and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and that we would find rest for our souls. Many of us would think that these weren't good ways. But really they were. Because these ways built unity among the saints. Those ways showed that the things of God were more important than one's temporal human life. Those ways built character and determination. They showed commitment and dedication. Those people were not ashamed to be called Christians and they had rest to their souls. If you do not have rest in your soul, ask yourself, Am I in the old paths? Am I in the good way? "For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear" (Isaiah 28:11-12). The Holy Ghost is the rest and Jesus is the way. Are you in it.
Sing: I've found the way that leads to endless day, yonder in the glory land; and the road is bright, for Jesus is the light, and I hold His guiding hand.
I have found the way. I have found the way. Glory hallelujah, I have found the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment