Friday, March 30, 2012

2012 March 30 - Morning Manna

And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on. (Acts 13:15)
Today's Morsel: Encouragement is one of those spiritual gifts that is used very little in the church today. Yet it should be used by all those who are born again. Words that edify, lift up, and build up, help us stay focused and on the right path. Our messages of encouragement must not become a substitute for the Gospel in order to make people feel good. If I make you feel good but do not give you anything to hold on to, you will soon be back into the dumps. Truly, the Gospel is the most encouraging message and words that one can receive. Just knowing that Jesus died for us, can change a person's life. Paul tells us that the servant of the Lord must be gentle (2 Timothy 2:24-26). After they read of the law and the prophets, the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, "Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on." Well my word of exhortation for you today is this: WOW! Now say it backwards.
Now go and tell someone: WOW! You look good. WOW that was a good meal. WOW! You did a great job. WOW! I had lots of fun. WOW! I can't wait to get to heaven to see Jesus. WOW! That was a great message.
Sing: Lord lift me up and let me stand, by faith on heaven's table land, A higher plane than I have found, Lord plant my feet on higher ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment