Tuesday, March 27, 2012

2012 March 27 - Morning Manna


O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth. Sing unto the LORD, bless his name; show forth his salvation from day to day. Declare his glory among the heathen, his wonders among all people. For the LORD isgreat, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods (Psalms 96:1-4).
Today's Morsel: They say that the humpback whale is not only known for his acrobatic abilities to display great maneuvers in the water, but also for his ability to sing. They say that his sound can reach from 20-9000 megahertz and that the deeper that he goes, the louder he can sound and sing. The humpback has been recorded not only singing the same song, but many new songs and tones. Are you singing the same old tone? Does your daily song begin with the words, “Woe is me?” Is your song, “Gloom despair and agony on me, deep, dark depression, excessive misery, if it wasn’t for bad luck I’d have to luck at all, gloom despair and agony on me?” Is it why is everybody always picking on me? Is it, they’ve offended me, so I’m not going back? Is it, I don’t have the money and nothing to wear? Is it, my spouse won’t help me with the kids? Is it, I have to work and I’m tired? Is it, you’ve picked a find time to leave me Lucille? Well, if these are the songs you’ve been singing, it’s time to stand flat on your feet and come up with a new song. Maybe you need to do some acrobatic maneuvers in the waters of affliction and rivers of depression. Maybe you need to go a little deeper and sing a littler louder. The Psalmist said that the Lord wants to hear a new song. God wants to hear a song of praise and adoration for His goodness. God is not a gloom and doom God, and His children are not to be a bunch of gloom and doom Christians. Paul said that we need to speak to ourselves in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in our hearts unto the Lord; giving thanks always for all things unto God the father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 4:19-20). It’s time that we realize that great is the Lord and that He is greatly to be praised. He has given you a garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. He has clothed you with a cloke of zeal, and it’s time to declare His glory among the heathen and His wonders among all the people. God doesn’t want to hear a gloom song; He wants to hear a new song of praise. In the 80’s, Diana Ross made a song that said, “I’m coming out.” Well, if you are still in the gloom and doom, you need to look yourself in the mirror and say, I’m coming out and I’m going to sing a new song. For the LORD is great, and greatly to be praised: He is to be feared above all gods. For I know that His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches over me. He’ll pick you up if you will let him?
Sing: I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free, His eye is on the Sparrow and I know, He watches over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment