Monday, March 5, 2012

2012 March 5 - Morning Manna

But it came to pass, that when Sanballat heard that we builded the wall, he was wroth, and took great indignation, and mocked the Jews. And he spake before his brethren and the army of Samaria, and said, What do these feeble Jews? will they fortify themselves? will they sacrifice? will they make an end in a day? will they revive the stones out of the heaps of the rubbish which are burned? (Nehemiah 4:1-2.)


Today's Morsel: When we think of reviving someone, our minds automatically think of bringing them back to life or helping them regain their breathing. There's many kinds of CPR. Chest pressure arm-lift method. The Heimlich Maneuver. And Mouth to Mouth resuscitation. When we understand the setting of what is taking place in today's scripture, we can see the need for revival and encouragement. Having received approval from the king to go and rebuild the wall of Jerusalem, Nehemiah and the people which had a mind to work found themselves being tormented by their enemies. Saballat came and mocked the Jews. He said, "What does these feeble Jews?" It was like him saying - what are these weak, frail, shabby, meager, and pathetic saints going to do? You see that’s what the enemy of your soul wants you to think. He wants you to think that you are weak frail, shabby, and pathetic. He wants you to think that there is nothing to you. But John lets us know that greater is he that is in you then he that is in the world. Paul said, when I am weak, than I’m I strong. Saballat asked, will they fortify themselves? In other words will they make themselves strong? Will they strengthen themselves? Will they reinforce themselves? Will they build up themselves? Will they become more secure? Are they going to brace themselves? What are they going to do? What are you going to do when you are trying to build a life like Christ and the enemy of your soul keeps tormenting you? What are you going to do when you keep trying to reestablish the wall around your home and church and the enemy keeps mocking you? Well my friend, my suggestion to you is to do as Nehemiah and say, "I'm not coming off the wall because I've got work to do."


Sing: When he calls me, I will answer; when he calls me, I will hear; when he calls me, I will answer; I'll be somewhere working for my Lord. I'll be somewhere working, I'll be somewhere working, I'll be somewhere working for my Lord; I'll be somewhere work, I'll be somewhere working, I'll be somewhere working for my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment