Saturday, March 10, 2012

2012 March 10 - Morning Manna

Art thou called being a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use it rather. For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant" (1 Corinthians 7:21-22).
Today's Morsel: The Granite state, New Hampshire, has on its license plate, “Live Free or Die.” What an interesting motto! These plates are being stamped out day by day by men who are in captivity serving prison terms for crimes they’ve committed, or maybe not have committed. You must not misconstrue what I’m saying when I speak of living free. You see, in the sixties and seventies, this was the way of life for most people. They lived free. In other words they did whatever they wanted. They stood on the premise that no one could tell them what to do. This is my life, they said, and I'll live the way I want to. If it feels good, do it, was their attitude. And that attitude has spilled over in to today’s generation of young people and sin is running ramped throughout the land. Paul said that if we are servants of the Lord, then we are His freeman. Nothing should have us captivated nor hold us captive. Nothing should have us bound. Even our past should be wiped away (2 Corinthians 5:17). Don’t go back to the old ways; you have to live free; rid of worldly lust; having and avoiding all ungodliness in your life or you will die. I believe the reason some people don’t remain free spiritually but return to the ways of the world is because they don’t know truth. They dip and dab in truth, but they never become a doer of the truth and apply it fully to their life. Like the children of Israel, they want to return to the world. In Korea, on the DMZ , there is a bridge called,“The Bridge of No Return.” At the end of the Korean war and the signing of the armistice, they traded prisoners. Each prisoner could cross over that bridge to freedom or stay in North Korea and be a communist and have no freedom. But once you crossed, there would be no going back. I want you to know today, that Jesus has laid a bridge for you to cross over to freedom. The Gospel is the bridge that brings you into freedom. But you have to walk across from your sins, your hurts, your loneliness, and the problems of your past. It is your choice. Scripture says, "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live" (Deuteronomy 30:19). Are you the Lord's servant? Then you are His freeman. So live free or die.
Sing: He set me free, yes, He set me free; He broke the bars of prison for me, I'm glory bound my Jesus to see, glory to God, He set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment