Tuesday, March 6, 2012

2012 March 6 - Morning Manna

Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself? Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying. Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. John 8:53-58.
Today's Morsel:Clint Eastwood use to say, "Go ahead make my day!" To make someone's day could be to do something nice to them or assist them with whatever project that they are trying to complete. It means to bring about excitement, joy, happiness, or to brighten up someone else life. It may even mean going out of your way to help someone. As Christians, we should always trying to make other's day. Paul said: "As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith" (Galatians 6:10). Good comments lift another’s life. Solomon said, "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver" (Proverbs 25:1.) As Jackie Gleason would say, "How sweet it is!" Solomon also tells us that everyone enjoys a fitting reply; it is wonderful to say the right thing at the right time! (Proverbs 15:23) We must have the mind of Christ (Philippians 2:5). Jesus went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him. James tells us that true religion before God and the father is this to visit the fatherless and widows (James 1:27). I’m sure if I gave each of you a $100 right now, I’d make your day. Some people don’t realize it, but when someone gives you a gift, or says something nice to you, they are trying to make your day. How's your day? Something to realize is that you're day will be great if you go ahead make someone else's day!
Sing: Make me what I ought to be, help me to be more like Thee; bid me come up higher, till Thy face I see; Lord help me be more like Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment