Tuesday, March 13, 2012

2012 March 13 - Morning Manna

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you (Philippians 4:8-9).
Today's Morsel: I’ll give you a penny for your thoughts! What are you thinking right now? Would I waste my penny if you were to sell your thoughts to me? I saw a little boy's t-shirt the other day that said, “I’m not ignoring you; I’m just in deep thought.” We are commanded to bring every thought into the obedience of Christ. Joseph's brothers called him a dreamer every time they saw him coming. Joseph's mind must have been filled with many thoughts from his dreams. I’m sure many of his thoughts were on the Lord. Like David, when you get an understanding of the Lord and His goodness, you can’t help but think good thoughts about Jesus. Maybe that is where the song comes from that says, “When I think of the goodness of Jesus and all He’s done for me, my soul cries out hallelujah and I think God for saving me.” The apostle Paul said that we should think on things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of a good report, those things of virtue and praise. When you think of Jesus, all of these things should run through your mind. Remember, the mind is a terrible thing to waste, especially if you are a Christian. Isaiah said that He will keep you in perfect peaces whose mind is stayed upon Him, because you trust in Him (Isaiah 26:3). Where’s your mind? Keep it on Jesus or you may stumble.
Sing: I’ve got a made up mind, I’ve got a final destination; I’m gonna keep on pressing on, to my final destination, gonna burn all the bridges behind me, break all the ties that bind me, I’m gonna keep on pressing on, til I reach that home sweet home, the new Jerusalem.

No comments:

Post a Comment