Thursday, June 3, 2010

2010 June 3 - Morning Manna

"Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them. The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad" (Psalms 126:2-3).


Today's Morsel: When I was in the military, I had a sergeant give me some very good advice. He and I were on duty together one night and he began to tell me about preparation for marriage and how to ensure that I always had food in my house, a roof over my head, pay my bills on time, and how treat my wife and children. He shared with me many things that have helped me immensely in my life. Another thing he told me that I have never forgotten, was to never take a laxative and a sleep pill at the same time!!

The psalmist said, "When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream, and our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing." Sometimes you may feel that you are held captive by your situation, but God will turn it around the same as he did Job and the children of Israel if you stay faithful to Him. When God brings you out of captivity, it is your time for testimony. It's time for you to share and to show others what great things the Lord has done for you! Has Jesus made you free? Then you need to start telling people what He has done for you and singing of His goodness so others may be encouraged by you, and given hope that they, too, can be made free from their captivity.

Okay, you can go ahead and laugh, because I'm sure that by now you got what I said at the end of the first paragraph.

Sing: The joy of the Lord is my strength. The joy of the Lord is my strength. The joy of the Lord is my strength. The joy of the Lord is my strength!

He fills my mouth with laughter, HA!HA! HA! He fills my mouth with laughter, HA!HA! HA! He fills my mouth with laughter, HA!HA! HA! The joy of the Lord is my strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment