Tuesday, June 22, 2010

2010 June 22 - Morning Manna

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words? (John 5:43-47)


Today's Morsel: Have you ever used the statement, "If I had known, I wouldn't have done that." Or "If I had known, I would not have lent it to them." We often do things without thinking them through, and we sometimes make bad decisions because of it. And so we say, "If I had known..." Paul told the church at Rome, "But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. " (Romans 10:18-19). It has been over 2000 years since Calvary, and today some seem to not have heard about it. How much time do you spend studying Old Testament scriptures? I heard a preacher once say, "If you try to understand the New Testament of the Bible without having an understanding of the Old Testament of the Bible, it's like showing up for the second act of a play and having missed the first act; you are clueless as to what the play is all about." You will never understand that Jesus is God manifested in flesh without knowing Old Testament scripture. Jesus told the people that Moses wrote about Him. Moses penned the first five books of the Bible, which are known as the Pentateuch. They were clueless, the same as many today. Jesus told His apostles, "If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake" (John 14:7-11). If you really want to know who Jesus is, you have to search Old Testament scriptures and have an understanding of them. Do you know Him?

Sing: He was there all the time, He was there all the time, waiting patiently in line, He was there all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment