Tuesday, June 1, 2010

2010 June 1 - Morning Manna

And when Herod saw Jesus, he was exceeding glad: for he was desirous to see him of a long season, because he had heard many things of him; and he hoped to have seen some miracle done by him (Luke 23:8).


Today's Morsel: As I read today's passage, what immediately comes to my mind is the lion before the fox. When the religious leaders told Jesus that Herod would kill Him, "Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected" (Luke 13:31-32). Jesus called him a fox. A fox is sly and sneaky. Paul told the church at Philippi to beware of dogs. A fox is of the dog family the same as hyenas and wolves. Jesus said beware of false prophets which come unto you in sheep clothing but inward they are raving wolves. Jesus refused to answer Herod; he questioned with him in many words; but he answered him nothing. And the chief priests and scribes stood and vehemently accused him. And Herod with his men of war set him at nought, and mocked him, and arrayed him in a gorgeous robe, and sent him again to Pilate (Luke 23:9-11). What is your purpose for wanting to see Jesus? Do you want to see Him because He is your Lord and Savior, or are you one of those that is always looking for miracles? Aren't each of us all miracles? Friend, I want to see Jesus because He's the one that died for all.

Sing: I dreamed of a city called glory, oh so bright and so fair. When I entered that gate I cried, "Holy", The angels all met me there: They carried me from mansion to mansion, and oh what sites I saw. But I said, "I want to see Jesus, He's the One who died for all." (Chorus)

As I entered the gate of that city, my friends all knew me well. They showed me the streets of Heaven; such scenes too numerous to tell; I saw Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Mark, Luke and Timothy. But I said, "I want to see Jesus, He's the One who died for me." (Chorus)

Chorus
Then I bowed on my knees and cried, "Holy, Holy, Holy." Then I clapped my hands and sang, "Glory, Glory to the Son of God."!

No comments:

Post a Comment