Wednesday, June 23, 2010

2010 June 23 - Morning Manna

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited (Jeremiah 17:5-6).


Today's Morsel: It has been stated that the majority of people who say that they are born again believers do not walk by faith, but rather walk by sight. They trust more in man and in themselves than God. They run very low on patience when things aren't in their best interest. It was also stated that if the Christian would stop and do an evaluation of himself, he could see that he is not truly trusting in God, but in others and himself over 75% of the time throughout the day. Many say that they trust God, but really they trust in themselves. It was also stated that the majority of believers only get to a true point of trusting in God when they think that life may be about to expire. The Lord said, "Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD." David said, "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God"(Psalms 20:7). Isaiah said, "Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength" (Isaiah 26:4). Where is your trust today? I pray that it is always in the Lord.

Sing: I trust in God, wherever I may be, upon the land, or on the raging sea; though come what may, from day to day, my Heavenly Father, watches over, over, me.

Chorus: I trust in God, I know He cares for me; upon the land, or on the raging sea, though billows roll, He keeps my soul; my Heavenly Father, watches over, over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment