Tuesday, June 8, 2010

2010 June 8 - Morning Manna

And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness (Colossians 3:14).

Today's Morsel: Super glue has advertised itself as the glue that will hold almost anything together. Its says that once bonded it is a strong adhesive. Paul said that when we put on charity (love) it is the bond of perfectness. It is a uniting principle that controls our actions and attitudes. It's the ligament that holds the joints together. We are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord"(Ephesians 2:20-21). Love is the bond of completeness. Without love we are nothing. When we love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength and our neighbor as ourselves, it not only makes us complete, but the entire body as well. Paul said, "Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth" (1 Corinthians 13:4-8). Super glue says it will bond together almost any surfaces. This being the case, then our love should be as super glue and bond us to Christ and together with brethren of like precious faith. Jesus said, "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another" (John 13:35)

Sing: I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore, very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more, but the Master of the sea heard my despairing cry, from the waters lifted me, now safe am I.

Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, love lifted me! Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help; love lifted me!

No comments:

Post a Comment