Thursday, June 17, 2010

2010 June 17 - Morning Manna

After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne (Revelation 4:1-2).


Today's Morsel: When I was a kid, and we went the State Fair, and there was this maze called "The Crazy House." It had many doors that you walked through the doors to try and find your way out of the maze. Often when you went through the door that you thought would lead you out, you ran into a dead end and would have to return and start over. The apostle John said, "I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne." He said there was an open door and he heard a voice talking with him and saying, "Come up hither and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter." Do you want to know what the end will be? Well, don't stay where you are, but rise up higher in the things of the Lord and allow Him to show you through His word what shall be hereafter for your life. Habakkuk said that the Lord would cause him to walk upon his high places ( Habakkuk 3:17-19). There are higher places that Jesus is trying to take each of us. He said, "Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls."(Jeremiah 6:16). The higher we go in the Lord, the more rest we will have from our trials and troubles.

Sing: Lord lift me up, and let me stand, by faith on heaven's table land. A higher plane, than I have found, Lord plant my feet on higher ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment