Wednesday, June 30, 2010

2010 June 30 - Morning Manna

And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? (Luke 18:1-8).


Today's Morsel: The story is told of a man who was hunting and he came upon a bear. When he raised his rifle to shot the bear, the rifle jammed and would not shoot. The man began to run, and the bear ran after him. As the bear got closer to the man, the man stopped and knelt to pray to God for protection. To the man's surprise, the bear also stopped and knelt to pray. The man prayed, "Thank you Lord for saving me." The bear prayed, "Thank you Lord for this food I am about to receive." (Humor is the best medicine.)

Jesus said that men ought always to pray, and not to faint. When we maintain a consistent prayer life with Jesus, it keeps us connected to the power source of our encouragement and motivation. Our spiritual light burns brighter and we become more of a witness of His mercy and grace. For me, prayer always seems to leave me full of life, excitement, and satisfaction. When I'm finished praying, having a good talk with Jesus and listening to the Lord, I come away with a calm assurance that no matter what the outcome of my prayers are, I'm confident that all things will work together for the good to them who love God and to them who are the called according to His purpose. I just get that peace that passes all understanding. And I know that if God is for me, then who can be against me? Jesus said that men ought to always to pray and not give up or give in. In other words, don't stop praying when our answer doesn't come when we think it ought to. We must remember, quitters never win and winners never quit. We win in Jesus, so don't quit. As the writer of Hebrews admonishes us, "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6). Remember, Jesus said, "All things are possible to him that can believe.

Sing: Someone is praying for you! Someone is praying for you! When you feel all alone, and your heart would break in two, remember, someone is praying for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment