Thursday, January 6, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 6 January 2022

 The Importance of the Word

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.(John 8:31-32)

 

Today’s Morsel:  To please God, we must obey His Word.  We can only obey the word if we study it so that we know what it says. The Psalmist proclaimed, “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.(Psalms 119:11)  Jesus says that we are cleansed by the Word (John15:3).  Peter also tells us that we purify our souls by obeying the truth and that we are born-again by the Word of God.  As we have seen in scripture, God’s Word is truth (John 17:17; John 1:14).  In a confusing world where everyone is preaching and teaching something different, how do we know what the truth is?  By God’s Word, it is the truth.  Thus the Word of God is of utmost importance to us if we are to be saved and called His disciples.  “And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.(Hebrews 12:27)

 

Sing:  Let me walk in the light, in the great gospel light; let me walk in the gospel light.  Till my journey is over and I travel no more, let me walk in the gospel light.

 

Thought For Today: Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear.(Psalms 119:38)

No comments:

Post a Comment