Saturday, January 15, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 15 January 2022

 The Power of The Gospel

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” (Romans 1:16)

 

Today’s Morsel:  Sometimes when I am in a discussion with other ministers, I ask them if they have stopped to consider just how powerful and life-changing the gospel truly is.  Many people have not experienced this life change experience because they have not accepted the gospel.  When I tell people my life story and how Jesus Christ changed me, some people look at me as if to say, I don’t believe you.  But Paul said, “For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.” (Romans 3:3-4)  That is what’s so unique about the gospel.  When it changes you, no one can dispute your testimony even though many will try.  This gospel, once accepted and obeyed, can take a drunk on the street corner and change them to a preacher in the pulpit.  It can change you and only you will know how it happens.  But the good part is, not only do you have a testimony of what Jesus has done in your life, but there are others who have a testimony of that same experience in theirs. “Then again they called the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner. He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.(John 9:24-25)   What’s your testimony?  Share it with others that the good news can be spread.  

 

Sing: Are you past the point of weary? Is your burden weighin' heavy? Is it all too much to carry? Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus.

Do you feel that empty feeling? 'Cause shame’s done all its stealin' And you're desperate for some healin’?  Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus.

He makes a way where there ain't no way, rises up from an empty grave, Ain't no sinner that He can't save, let me tell you 'bout my Jesus

His love is strong, and His grace is free.   And the good news is I know that He can do for you what He's done for me.  Let me tell you 'bout my Jesus, And let my Jesus change your life.

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Amen, Amen

 

Thought For Today:For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.(1 Thessalonians 1:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment