Thursday, January 27, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 27 January 2022

 Suffering For Glory

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.(Romans 8:16-18)

 

Today’s Morsel:  What I find in the world and church today is that people do not like to suffer.  They do not like to feel pain or endure hardships in their life.  Many get into their comfort zones and do not want it disturbed.  But Jesus lets us know that in this life we will have tribulations.  And the quicker we figure it out, the better we will be when it comes.  The church has always faced persecution and hardships.  In writing to the church of the Hebrews, Paul informed them, “Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.(Hebrews 13:12-13)  We are told to have the same mind as Christ.  Paul also wrote, “ And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.(Hebrews 11:32-40)  They suffered for their faith.  And even Paul himself told the church at Corinth, “Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one. Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep; In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.(2 Corinthians 11:24-27)  All this suffering for God’s glory.  Can you endure hardness as a good soldier for Christ so that you may obtain His glory?  

 

Sing:  Glory, glory, hallelujah, since I laid my burdens down. Glory, glory, hallelujah, since I laid my burdens down.  Friends don’t treat me, like they used to, since I laid my burden down.  Friends don’t treat me, like they used to, since I laid my burden down.  Glory, glory, hallelujah, since I laid my burdens down. Glory, glory, hallelujah, since I laid my burdens down.

 

Thought For Today: “Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.” (Revelation 2:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment