Monday, January 31, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 31 January 2022

 A Help Button

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.(Hebrews 13:5-6)

 

Today’s Morsel:  A medical alert help button should be able to go with you anywhere that you go.  I like that commercial where the elderly woman falls and she pushes her medical alert button for help and says, “Help, I’ve fallen and can’t get up.”  I think to myself, why doesn’t the cameraman help her get up?  He’s right there. (Humor)  Jesus is our helper, and He ought to be with you everywhere you go.  So that when you need help, you can stir up the gift that is with you.  Micah states, Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.(Micah 7:8)  He states that the Lord will help him.  Solomon stated that two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.(Ecclesiastes 4:9-10)  As long as you stay close to Jesus your help is near.

 

Sing:  Take the name of Jesus with you, child of sorrow and of woe.  It will joy and comfort give you, take it then wherever you go. Precious name, O how sweet! Hope of earth and joy of heaven.  Precious name, O how sweet! Hope of earth and joy of heaven.

 

Thought For Today:  Don’t leave home without Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment