Friday, January 28, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 28 January 2022

 Peace of Mind in Troubled Times

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.(Psalms 27:4-5)

Today’s Morsel:  From the time that David defeated Goliath, he seemed to be plagued with trouble.  Saul wanted to kill him.  His son Absolom wanted to kill him.  The Philistines wanted to kill him.  His wife Micael despised him.  And even the priest turned against him.  Talk about trouble on every side.  But one thing you will always read about David in his time of trouble is that he turned to God because he knew that is where his help came from,  he praised Him and gave God thanks for His delivering power.  So how do we maintain peace of mind in troubled times?  Peter tells us to cast our cares upon the Lord.  Jude tells us to keep ourselves in the love of God.  The writer of Hebrews tells us to come boldly to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.  And Paul tells us to, Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.(Philippians 4:6-7)   If we are to maintain peace in troubled times, then we must believe every word that God has promised us and wait on Him for His delivering power.

Sing:  I’ve got Jesus on the inside working on the outside, oh what a change in my life; I’ve got Jesus on the inside working on the outside, oh what a change in my life; I’ve got Jesus on the inside working on the outside, oh what a change in my life; oh what a change in my life.


Thought For Today:  Trouble don’t last always

No comments:

Post a Comment