Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 25 January 2022

 The Path of the Just Man

Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life. Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men. Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away. For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall. For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence. But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.(Proverbs 4:13-18)

 

Today’s Morsel: When we were kids growing up in the south, we had many shortcuts and paths that we used to get us to our friends' homes more rapidly.  But every so often, we could see where a snake had crossed the path, or there might even be a snake lying in the path.  When that happened, we would quickly choose a different path.  Satan always tries to inflict fear.  Solomon admonishes us to not enter into the path of the wicked and to go not in the way of evil men.  He said that we must avoid it, pass not by it, but turn from it and pass away.  Are you able to discern which path is good and which is evil?  The Lord told Jeremiah, “Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.(Jeremiah 6:16)   David cried, “Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.(Psalms 25:4-5)  We must know the right path that leads us to eternal life because all roads do not lead us to heaven. “The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him.(Proverbs 20:7)  Choose carefully which path you take today.  

 

Sing:  Every hour of the day keep me, dear Lord, I pray; let me walk in the gospel light.  Let me hold fast to Him, so my way won’t grow dim, let me walk in the gospel light.

Let me walk in the light, in the great gospel light; let me walk in the gospel light. Till my journey is o’er and I travel no more, let me walk in the gospel light.

 

Thought For Today:Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.(Psalms 27:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment