Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 12 January 2022

 Are You Satisfied?

All things are full of labour; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.(Ecclesiastes 1:8)


Today’s Morsel:  Have you stopped to consider when enough is enough?  Why do we always think that we need more?  What does it take to make our eyes satisfied or our ears not wanting to hear more?  I have seen people throw up their hands and say, “I don’t want to see it or hear it anymore.”  And yet, they will look and talk about the thing that they didn’t want to see or hear with others.  All because the eye is not satisfied with seeing and the ear is not filled with hearing.  Some people make a living just by seeing and listening to others.  I often wonder how much information is in a counselor if we could rewind the tape?  But I am asking today, are you satisfied and content?  Paul said if we have food and clothing, we ought to be content.  The way to become satisfied is to realize that we have all we need to see and hear in Jesus.  Everything that we have need of He will provide.

 

Sing:  I am so satisfied, I am so satisfied, with my Savior; for He means more to me than anything, than anything, that this world could ever offer me.

 

Thought For Today:  Only Jesus can satisfy your soul.    

No comments:

Post a Comment