Thursday, May 7, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 7 May 2020


Broken Hearts
 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.(Isaiah 61:1-3)

Today’s Morsel:  One of the most disappointing things to me, is when I am putting a puzzle together and I get almost to the end and there are one or two pieces that are missing.  You look on the floor, under the couch, where it was stored, trying to find that piece as you know that it is not finished or complete if a piece is missing.  Jesus said that He came to heal the brokenhearted (See Luke 4:18).  Today there seem to be so many that have broken hearts.  Many have had their hearts broken due to unexpected death or sickness of a loved one.  Others due to divorce.  While for others, it has been a disappointment of a parent, co-worker, a friend, or maybe a minister.  And it is one of the things (a broken heart) for which Jesus came to heal.  But for Him to heal our broken hearts, we must give Him all the pieces.  You just can’t give Him a few of the pieces, He needs the whole thing to put your heart and life back together. 

Sing: Lord, I give You my heart, I give You my soul, I live for You alone; Every breath that I take, every moment I’m awake, Lord have Your way in me.

Thought For Today: God can heal a broken heart, but He has to have all the pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment