Saturday, May 30, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 30 May 2020


Advice For Self 
He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding.(Proverbs 15:32)

Today’s Morsel:   They say that the best advice for oneself is to follow the advice that they give to others. One of the things about being a good and honest counselor is that you tell people the things that you would do if you were in the same situation.  They may not accept it, but at least you offered.  As Paul said, “For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church.” (Ephesians 5:29)  Even David asked himself why he was filled with anxiety and without peace when he was going through things in his life.  He said, “Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.” (Psalms 42:11)  Sometimes the best advice for yourself is what advice you give to others.  Especially when you are in the valley of decisions and the loneliness of life.

Sing:  Where do I go?  When there's nobody else to turn to.  Who do I talk to?  When nobody wants to listen?  Who do I lean on?  When there's no foundation stable?  I go to the rock, I know He is able.  I go to the rock.
I go to the rock of my salvation
, I go to the stone that the builders rejected.  I run to the mountain and the mountain stands by me.  When the earth all around me is sinking sand, on Christ the solid rock I stand.  When I need a shelter when I need a friend, I go to the rock.

Thought For Today: “Sometimes the best advice for yourself is what advice you give to others.” (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment