Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 26 May 2020


If I Can Save Two or Three… I’ve Done my Job
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
(Jude 1:20-23)

Today’s Morsel:  Abraham Lincoln said, “When you reach the top, turn around and help someone else up.”  One of the reasons Jesus saved us, I believe, is so that we may help others to come into the knowledge and a relationship with Him, too.  Paul asked the church at Ephesus to pray for him,  “That utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. (Ephesians 6:19-20)  No, we can’t save anyone.  We can only offer them a hand by showing them what they need to do to save themselves. Jesus said, “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.(Luke 4:18-19)  Paul said that if this gospel is hidden to a person, they are lost.  If we do not share the truth of the gospel, people will remain lost and we have not done our job.

Sing:  Go tell it on the mountain, over the hills and everywhere.  Go tell it on the mountain, that Jesus Christ is born.

Thought For Today: And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment