Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 6 May 2020


Problems Solvers
If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus(Philippians 2:1-5)

 Today’s Morsel:  One of the things that I have learned in life is that when I am going through things in my life, if I help someone else who is going through things in their life I don’t seem to focus on my situation as much and it gives God a chance to work things out for my good.  Scripture says that He’ll work it we will let Him. Paul admonishes us not to look on our own things, but every man also on the things of others.  We are all called to promote God’s glory and salvation to men; not to harbor it unto ourselves.  No one is at liberty to live for himself or to disregard the needs of others.  I find in scripture that the objective of the golden rule is to break up the spirit of selfishness and to produce a benevolent heart for the happiness of others.

Sing:  You’re my brother you’re my sister, so take me by the hand, together we will work until he comes.  There’s no foe that can defeat us when we are walking side by side.  As long as there is love when can stand.

Thought For Today: The best way to forget our own problems is to help someone else solve theirs.

1 comment: