Thursday, May 14, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 14 May 2020


 Work
Therefore I hated life; because the work that is wrought under the sun is grievous unto me: for all is vanity and vexation of spirit. Yea, I hated all my labour which I had taken under the sun: because I should leave it unto the man that shall be after me. And who knoweth whether he shall be a wise man or a fool? yet shall he have rule over all my labour wherein I have laboured, and wherein I have shewed myself wise under the sun. This is also vanity.(Ecclesiastes 2:17-19)

Today’s Morsel:   They say that no one on their deathbed ever said that they wish they had spent more time at work.  I saw a bumper sticker once that said, "A bad day of fishing is a better day than a good day at work every time."  Solomon seems to caution us to life lessons about work.  He said that he hated labor because everything that he had gained was useless because it was going to be left to someone else when he dies.  And he said that he doesn’t know if the person it is left to will be wise with it or foolish.  I believe in an honest day's work, yet how sad for a person to spend all their days working and never have learned to enjoy life.  How about you, have you smelled any roses lately?  

Sing:  Life is good cause God is.  Life is good cause I’m His.  Springing up new life, growing in the sun, walking hand and hand and having some fun.  Life is so so good.

Thought For Today:  Gone Fishin'! 

No comments:

Post a Comment