Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 20 May 2020


The Sunshine Kids
“Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said, The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue. The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God. And he shall be as the light of the morning, when the sun riseth, even a morning without clouds; as the tender grass springing out of the earth by clear shining after rain.” (2 Samuel 23:1-4)

Today’s Morsel:  I have heard people say that their parents, minister, or spouse gave them some instructions on their deathbeds when they knew it was going to be their last days on earth.  I have received instructions from two men that I knew gave me instructions just before they died.  I still cling to both of their sayings.  Scripture says that these be the last words of David.  David didn’t say This is what I’m telling you.  He said this is what God said to tell you. That was what one of the gentlemen that called me told me.  Notice what God told David to tell them, “He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God. And he shall be as the light of the morning, when the sun riseth, even a morning without clouds; as the tender grass springing out of the earth by clear shining after rain."  If we lead and rule over God’s people in righteousness and respect for Him, we will shine bright like the sun.  There will be no distress, affliction, or dark times that overtake us.  We will shine just like Jesus, who is that bright and morning star!  Those that have the light of Jesus in them should be shining that brightness into the lives of others. 

Sing: When we’ve been there ten thousand years, bright shining as the sun, we've no less days to sing God's praise then when we first begun.

Thought For Today:  This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment