Saturday, May 2, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2 May 2020


Get Up
For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.(Proverbs 24:16)

Today’s Morsel:  When I was a kid, one of the things we would do on Friday nights was to sit and watch Friday night boxing on television.  It was often that once a boxer was knocked down, their corner would do everything they could without getting into the ring to encourage them to get up.  If the boxer could get up and could hold on until the bell, they had a chance to recover from the blow, and hopefully go another round. Sometimes in life, we may get knocked down.  We are going to get the wind taken out of our sail.  Or we may get the rug pulled from under us.  But we must learn that when we fall down, it doesn’t make us a failure.  It’s only when we stay down that we lose.  Solomon states, "For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again."  There are going to be distresses and hardships that come against us to take us down.  But we must realize that we have been given the power to stand against all the wiles of the enemy.  The enemy of your soul is only going to be crowned champion over you if you stay down.  Why not show him that you still have the endurance to rise and fight another round.  Greater is He that is in you!  

Sing:  I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore; Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more.  But the Master of the sea, heard my despairing cry; From the waters lifted me, now safe am I.
Love lifted me!  Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, love lifted me.  Love lifted me! Love lifted me!  When nothing else could help, love lifted me.

Thought For Today:  Failure… I didn’t try again (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment