Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 12 May 2020


Laziness
By much slothfulness the building decayeth; and through idleness of the hands the house droppeth through.(Ecclesiastes 10:18)

Today’s Morsel:  Solomon seems to have observed a lot of lazy folks in his day.  And if some political parties get their way there are going to be a whole lot in ours. Throughout his writing, Solomon seems to focus on a person being lazy.  He states, “The slothful man saith, There is a lion in the way; a lion is in the streets.”(Proverbs 26:13); “He also that is slothful in his work is brother to him that is a great waster.(Proverbs 18:9); “The desire of the slothful killeth him; for his hands refuse to labour.” (Proverbs 21:25)  What I often find is that the train of failure usually runs on the track of laziness.

Sing:  When He calls me, I will answer.  When He calls me, I will hear?  When He calls me, I will answer, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord.
I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord.  I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord.  

Thought For Today: The train of failure usually runs on the track of laziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment