Saturday, May 23, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 23 May 2020


Opportunity
“The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.” (Proverbs 13:4)

Today’s Morsel:  Every time I hear someone say, “I wish I had that.” or “I wish I could do that.”  I think to myself, then why not go after it.  Opportunities, like wisdom, are everywhere.  About wisdom, Solomon said, “She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths. She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors. Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.”… They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge. Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold. For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it. I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.(Proverbs 8:2-4;9-12) Even though someone said that opportunities knock once, how many knocks have you not open the door to?  You have an opportunity to have anything that you want if you put forth the effort to get it.

Sing: He’s changing me, my blessed Savior, I’m not the same person that I use to be.  Well, it's been slow going but there’s a knowing, that someday perfect I will be.

Thought For Today: The doors of opportunity are marked “push” and “pull.”

No comments:

Post a Comment