Tuesday, June 9, 2015

2015 June 9 - Morning Manna

Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me. The proud have had me greatly in derision: yet have I not declined from thy law. I remembered thy judgments of old, O LORD; and have comforted myself. Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake thy law. Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage. I have remembered thy name, O LORD, in the night, and have kept thy law. This I had, because I kept thy precepts. (Psalms 119:49-56)

Today's Morsel: I have noticed that during funerals, most ministers or people who have to say something about the deceased usually look into the Book of  Psalms to locate the right words to say to bring about strength and comfort to the bereaved.  The  Psalmist wrote in today's passage, "Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope."  Paul, in writing to the church at Rome, said, "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope" (Romans 15:4). Paul knew that if one would remember the words of God that were already written and if they studied them, they could find hope in their situations and circumstances; as we are saved by hope.  The Psalmist also wrote, "This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me... I remembered thy judgments of old, O LORD; and have comforted myself...Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage."  God's word will always bring comfort to the hurting when presented correctly.

Sing:  Jesus, I'll never forget what you've done for me. Jesus, I'll never forget how you set me free.  Jesus, I'll never forget how you brought me out.  Jesus, I'll never forget, no never!
  
Thought for  Today: The word still comforts in afflictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment