Monday, June 29, 2015

2015 June 29 - Morning Manna

 The highway of the upright is to depart from evil: he that keepeth his way preserveth his soul. (Proverbs 16:17)

Today's Morsel: When we were missionaries, my wife and I put 52,000 miles on the vehicle we had in 16 months.  That was a lot of highway to cover.  And over all that highway, in every church service, we were trying to help pastors get folks to depart from evil and live upright while sharing what God was doing on foreign soil.  Solomon said that the highway of the upright is to depart from evil.  I know he's not talk about the black top highway we drive on, but he's talking about the way that we should live. We that are born again must live higher than the evil and sins of this world around us.  We must be on a higher plane. We must stay upon the Solid Rock.  Habakkuk said that God would cause him to walk upon his high places (Habakkuk 3:17-19).  It should be a compliment if people see us as being on a higher level.  Just don't allow it to be prideful.  Simply walk in your high places where God has placed you.

Sing: Lord lift me up and let me stand, by faith on heaven's table land; a higher plane, than I have found, Lord plant my feet on higher ground!

Thought for Today: Stay away from evil and you won't have to worry about the valley of the shadow of death.

No comments:

Post a Comment