Thursday, June 25, 2015

2015 June 25 - Morning Manna

Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.
(Proverbs 13:10)

Today'  Morsel: I often wonder why they call a group of lions a "pride"?  And then I wonder, just how many relationships could be mended if people would let go of their pride; how many marriages could be saved, lives maintained,  or peace reached among people if just one would forgo their pride? Solomon tells us that pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before one falls.  Pride can be dangerous and we may not even know it's total results.   Solomon also tells us, "The beginning of strife is as when one letteth out water: therefore leave off contention, before it be meddled with" (Proverbs 17:14).  He said leave it alone.  Once you open the flood gate for contention there is no stopping it from flowing.  So don't open the breech in the wall of your heart.  Once pride gets into a person's heart, that heart can become hateful, jealous, and even demonic.  When you find one that isn't willing to forgo pride, stand back and watch their downward spiral.  You keep yourself humble. "A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit" (Proverbs 29:23). Crush pride before it takes root in your own heart.

Sing:  I've got peace like a river, I've got peace like a river, I've got peace like a river in my soul. I've got peace like a river, I've got peace like a river, I've got peace like a river in my soul.

Thought for Today: If you have contention with someone, check your cage, your lions may be out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment