Friday, June 19, 2015

2015 June 19 - Morning Manna

They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever. As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever. (Psalms 125:1-2)

Today's Morsel: In December 2014, we got to tour Israel. What a great tour.  Since I became a Christian in 1984, I have always wanted to tour Israel.  And God made a way  for that to happen for me. The Bible surely does come to life when you tour Israel.  Just to know that you've walked and sat where our Lord walked and sat cannot be described in words.  The psalmist said, "As the mountains are around Jerusalem,  so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even forever."  There is nothing like knowing that God has you covered and protected.  Paul said that the gospel came also with much assurance.  And I believe that part of that assurance deals with our protection.  David wrote in Psalms 91, "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD,  He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler" (Psalms 91:1-4).  What a passage of comfort and assurance.  We don't need to fret or worry because Jesus has us covered at all times and in all places.

Sing: I am Covered! Covered! Covered by His blood. Walking by faith, living in love. I am Covered! Covered! Covered by His blood, Jesus has rescued me.

Thought for Today: You can only lose your protection if you walk out from under it.

No comments:

Post a Comment