Monday, June 22, 2015

2015 June 22 - Morning Manna

 Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder. And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy. Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour? Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. (Matthew 26:36-41)

Today's Morsel: I was listening to the radio the other day, and a minister stated that the majority of our prayers are either for someone else or for our wants. I thought to myself that this is true. We are either interceding for others or for a want the majority of the time.  If you want to change your world with a prayer, then pray as Jesus prayed, "Nevertheless, not my will, but Thy will be done." When you can get to the point of "nevertheless" in your prayer life, it will really change how you view, prioritize, and decide what things are important  in your life.  Even though Jesus wanted the cup to be removed, He realized that His purpose for coming and dying was so that we could live.  His prayer of  "Nevertheless" changed the world.

Sing: Thanks! Thanks! I give you thanks for all You have done, I am so blessed, my soul has found rest, oh Lord, I give you thanks.

Thought for Today: A prayer of "Nevertheless" will change your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment